In today’s technology fueled world, people are spending more time than ever on computers both at home and at work. Plus with the various devices that people are using, desktops, laptops and even smart phones are putting new stress on users. In the past few years, these factors have caused people to have various types of computer related Repetitive Stress Injuries. These RSI’s can have an effect on computer users head, neck, back, arms and hands. Some of these injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can cause people to be unable to work and may require surgery. Other, RSI’s need for computer users to either reduce the amount of time on computers or use equipment to help ease the strain.
With the increasing amount of injuries because of computers, the medical profession have spent a great deal of time looking at the ergonomic effect of using various computers and have come up with ways to prevent these injuries by using computers in the correct manner, including posture and equipment. Experts in the field have identified problem areas of Repetitive Strain Injuries, what causes them, how to treat them and more importantly how to prevent these injuries. The use of proper ergonomics in the workplace has become an important part of the workplace and can reduce the likelihood of lost time due to Repetitive Strain Injuries.
What follows are some helpful resources to learn about Repetitive Strain Injuries and what we as computer users can do to prevent them. We here at HostingReviews.com hope you enjoy learning more about this painful affliction and hope you can stay free of these injuries.
Repetitive Strain Injury Definition
- Repetitive Strain Injury – definition of the problems associated with computer usage.
- RSI Definition – basic definition of what is a Repetitive Strain Injury.
- Repetitive Strain Injury Defined – helpful article dealing with the definition of RSI injuries.
- Common Repetitive Strain Injuries – informative definition and explanation of some common RSI’s.
- RSI Defined – information and definition of what is a Repetitive Strain Injury.
- Ergonomic Information – useful overview of how ergonomics play an important part of our lives.
- Ergonomics at Work – resourceful site providing a look at proper ergonomics in the workplace.
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders – informative web site providing a look at the link between ergonomics and RSI problems.
- Office Ergonomics – useful site showing how to use proper ergonomics in the office.
- Ergonomics Awareness – information helping to make people aware of the problems of ergonomics.
- Ergonomic Information – informative site providing ideas on proper ergonomics in the home and at work.
- Center for Ergonomics – useful educational and informational site containing ergonomic information.
Repetitive Strain Injury Causes
- Repetitive Strain Injury Information – helpful information on RSI’s including data on typical causes.
- Educational Causes of Repetitive Strain Injuries – useful article discussing how backpacks can be causing various RSI’s.
- Causes of Repetitive Strain Injuries – information on some of the common causes of Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – useful information on one of the medical problems associated with RSI.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries and FAQs – helpful collection of information and typical questions on RSI’s.
Repetitive Strain Injury Treatment
- Repetitive Strain Injury Treatment – information containing helpful treatment advice and suggestions.
- Repetitive Strain Injury Help – informative article providing practical treatment options for people with RSI’s.
- What is RSI? – useful web site containing a full range of information on Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- RSI Physical Therapy – resourceful site showing how physical therapy can be an effective treatment of Repetitive Strain Injury.
- Computers and Repetitive Strain Injuries – information on how the improper use of computers can cause Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- Workplace Treatment – suggestions of how to treat Repetitive Strain Injuries that take place in the workplace.
Repetitive Strain Injury Prevention
- Preventing Repetitive Strain Injuries – information showing how people can prevent Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- RSI Prevention – useful information and resources on how to prevent getting Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- Prevention Tips – helpful tips for computer users on how to prevent being affected by Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- Common Injuries and Prevention – typical Repetitive Strain Injuries are discussed along with proper prevention techniques being discussed.
- RSI Prevention Information – suggestions on how to prevent common computer related Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- Office Ergonomics – informative article discussing proper ergonomics in order to prevent RSI’s.
- Work Related Disorders – information on various types of work related muscular disorders and prevention methods.
We hope this article was helpful in providing you with information on Repetitive Strain Injuries. Hopefully, by following some of the suggestions, you will not be a victim of this common computer related disorder.